MV64360 ethernet controller

Sebastian Brückner sb at thebackend.de
Thu Feb 1 18:58:48 EST 2007

Hi everyone,

I recently got a few Force/Motorola PowerPMC-280 PMC modules
consisting mainly of a MPC7447 G4 an the Marvell MV64360 system
controller. Since this a hobbyist project only I don't have
Montavista Linux which seems to already support the board. Instead I
ported the stock Linux kernel. Works quite well so far. The only
thing I did not get to work is the integrated ethernet. The
mv64360_eth driver loads fine and sees both ports. It does not get
any interrupts for incoming packets (activity led blinks though).
Only unplugging the cable generates an interrupt.

Since I do not have any documentation on the Marvell chip and the
company does not answer my request I am quite lost.

The PHY interrupts are routed to one of the GPIO/interrupt pins. I
did not find any code in the ethernet driver that would be able to
use it though. Is it needed at all?

Any hint is appreciated!
Sebastian