How to do IO mapped Implimentation ???

Misbah khan misbah_khan at engineer.com
Fri Dec 28 16:12:04 EST 2007

Hi all...

I am writing a driver in which device port is mapped to CPLD and 8 bit data
bus is directly connected from processor to CPLD. Read write on CPLD memory
mapped (buffer/register) is required to control the device. This is now IO
mapped to processor.

I need to know whether i am right if i impliment like this :-
         addr=ioremap(base_addr);          // Remap to Mem mapped address
         outb(addr) and inb(addr);

Please suggest me if i am wrong or there could be better solution to this .

-----Misbah <><