Using SPI in lite5200

Miguel Angel Alvarez ma.alvarez at ziv.es
Thu Dec 27 21:59:48 EST 2007

Hi.

We are trying to use the SPI subsystem in the MPC5200 to write a driver
that supports SC16IS752 (SPI->2 UARTs).

Although I have read the spi-summary in the Documentation of the kernel,
I am not quite sure of having understood all the pieces that I require
to make the system work.

First of all, I am using the SPI associated to PSC3, so in  the
mpc52xx_devices.c I have added a "[MPC52xx_PSC_SPI]" entry with exactly
the same parameters as "[MPC52xx_PSC3]", except for the name, which I
assign to mpc52xx-psc-spi (I suppose this is the correct driver for the
master of the SPI bus).

That is:
[MPC52xx_PSC_SPI] = {
        .name        = "mpc52xx-psc-spi",
        .id        = 2,
        .num_resources    = 2,
        .resource    = (struct resource[]) {
            {
                .start    = 0x2400,
                .end    = 0x249f,
                .flags    = IORESOURCE_MEM,
            },
            {
                .start    = MPC52xx_PSC3_IRQ,
                .end    = MPC52xx_PSC3_IRQ,
                .flags    = IORESOURCE_IRQ,
            },
        },
    },

My question is: Am I using the correct IRQ? Where can I find which is
the correct one?

Thanks

Miguel Ángel

----------------------------------------- PLEASE NOTE -------------------------------------------
This message, along with any attachments, may be confidential or legally privileged.
It is intended only for the named person(s), who is/are the only authorized recipients.
If this message has reached you in error, kindly destroy it without review and notify the sender immediately.
Thank you for your help.
ZIV uses virus scanning software but excludes any liability for viruses contained in any attachment.

Este mensaje y sus anexos pueden contener información confidencial y/o con derecho legal.
Está dirigido únicamente a la/s persona/s o entidad/es reseñadas como único destinatario autorizado.
Si este mensaje le hubiera llegado por error, por favor elimínelo sin revisarlo ni reenviarlo y notifíquelo inmediatamente al remitente. Gracias por su colaboración.
ZIV utiliza software antivirus, pero no se hace responsable de los virus contenidos en los ficheros anexos.