mmap + segfaults on MPC8349E

R. Ebersole (VTI - new) rje at valleytech.com
Sat Dec 15 17:40:26 EST 2007

Dave,

Attached is the driver code that was in use when we had the problem.
(FPGA_orig.7z)

We think that we *may* have resolved the issue.
We have not, yet, completed testing the resolution, however.

Attached is the updated version of the driver (FPGArw.7z).
So far, this version appears OK when using mmap() without
MAP_FIXED.  We open() the device O_RDWR | O_SYNC.

We were going to switch to using pread(), pwrite(), and ioctl() to
access the FPGA's registers, but we are going to hold off on that
for now.

--

Sometimes I feel like a red shirt in the Star Trek episode of life.

individual named.  If you are not the intended recipient you should not
disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail.  Please notify the sender
this e-mail from your system.