Xilinx ML310 Linux 2.6 PCI bridge

Grant Likely grant.likely at secretlab.ca
Tue Dec 11 11:20:43 EST 2007

On 12/10/07, Rick Moleres <Rick.Moleres at xilinx.com> wrote:

> Grant,
>
> Can you give me more details on why you say the opb_pci bridge is badly
> broken?  I know there have been issues with it in the past, but I'm not
> aware of major outages (perhaps I'm just not in the loop).

Actually, it's more likely that I'm not in the loop (see below)

I know of 2 projects that had difficulty with the opb_pci core; The
major issue was that it didn't support all of the PCI transfer modes
(IIRC it was the multiple read transfer command).  Last I heard from
the FAE was that Xilinx was not offering support for the core.

> The opb_pci and plb_pci (plbv34) bridges have transitioned to the
> plbv36_pci bridge in EDK 9.2 and later.  This bridge is fully supported
> and has been tested under MontaVista's 2.6.10 kernel.  I believe only
> critical issues will be fixed in the opb/plbv34.

This I was not aware of.  I stand corrected.

Thanks,
g.

--
Grant Likely, B.Sc., P.Eng.