USB configuration

Pedro Luis D. L. carcadiz at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 7 01:10:10 EST 2007

> Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2007 05:27:14 -0800
> From: misbah_khan at engineer.com
> To: linuxppc-embedded at ozlabs.org
> Subject: USB configuration
>

> HI all ...

Hi,

> I have configured the Montavista Kernel for USB support and for PPC8272-ADS
> board I need to know that how could i test that my USB is working ????

Try to attach an USB device, like a pendrive,  to an USB port. Then type:
dmesg | tail

If the USB support is working properly, you should see some output saying which device have you attached and where is it mapped.
If you plug a memory stick, you can try to mount it and check that the filesystem is correct.

Pedro.