OT: Re: solved: Re: [rtc-linux] Re: DS1337 RTC on I2C broken.

Jon Smirl jonsmirl at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 04:19:25 EST 2007

On 12/4/07, Clemens Koller <clemens.koller at anagramm.de> wrote:
> That was discussed already in detail in several threads and there
> were already decisions made that the DT went into the kernel - no problem
> with that.
> I just don't see that it 'really does help' in it's current state if
> things are broken in a way they are hard to fix for non DT-familiar
> developers, almost impossible to fix for users which just need to
> compile their own kernel to achieve their project goal.
>
> Well... let's take it easy. I'll dig into the pcf8563 code now.

Most of this is addressed in the patch series starting with this message:
http://ozlabs.org/pipermail/linuxppc-dev/2007-December/047382.html

The pcf8563 driver is converted to the new format and is modified to
pick up it's address from the device tree.

This patch series is being held waiting for an ok on the low level
changes to the i2c subsystem. Hopefully it will go into 2.6.25

--
Jon Smirl
jonsmirl at gmail.com