[rtc-linux] Re: DS1337 RTC on I2C broken.

Clemens Koller clemens.koller at anagramm.de
Tue Dec 4 03:38:05 EST 2007

Hi, Bartlomiej!

Bartlomiej Sieka schrieb:
 > Do you have rtc node in your dts file (I'm assuming arch/powerpc
 > situation)? If not, you'll have to add it - for example similarly to
 > what's being done in the attached patch (68 is the I2C address of the
 > RTC chip - a DS1339 in my case).

Thank you also for your hint... that was indeed the problem here.
Simple but not really obvious.

Is it possible to have a maximum generic .dts configuration where the
kernel is told to include any device it propably finds?

I guess the failing reset since 2.6.22 is also just an entry in
my .dts... ?

Regards,
--
Clemens Koller