Howto read I2C on MPC5200 Lite

Matthias Fechner idefix at fechner.net
Thu Apr 26 04:48:40 EST 2007

Hi Domen,

Domen Puncer wrote:
> I can't reproduce your no-errors behaviour. I tried unplugging network
> cable and compiling out the fec driver.

i did the last weeks some tests and it seems that the "problem" persists.
I boot my system like descripted below and I have an error rate of about
5%. If I reboot my system, start start the program and then unplug the
networkcable the error rate is much lower.

This is my configuration:
Board MPC5200 Lite5200 Evaluation board (not version b)
U-Boot 1.2.0-gfdd1d6dc (Mar  6 2007 - 12:52:10)

Kernel is loaded via tftp and the complete filesystem is mounted via NFS.
Crosscompile/basesystem is ELDK 4.1.

You can see exactly what I did under:
http://wiki.idefix.fechner.net/index.php/IceCube

Kernel is Linux-2.6.21-mpc52xx-g7e5e3d6f-d with some patches from the
mailinglist (I2C patches and powermanagement patches you submitted on
the ML) and Xenomai support.

I attach my kernel config and a small program with which i read my Maxim
6633 temperatur sensor you can order it as sample on the maxim website.

Maybe something is wrong with the program or it is a problem with the
MPC5200 which is fixed with the 5200b.

Thx a lot
Matthias