Flat device tree definitions for FLASH and MTD partitioning

Sergei Shtylyov sshtylyov at ru.mvista.com
Thu Apr 26 00:34:47 EST 2007

Hello.

Wolfgang Grandegger wrote:

>>> I had a closer look to this driver. Unfortunately, it can not handle
>>> yet  multiple FLASH banks. This could be achieved with an additional
>>> property "bank_count". What do you think?

   Please use hyphen, not underscore in property names ("device_type" seems an only exception from this rule).

>>  I'm not sure what banks you're talking about -- note that this driver
>> is equivalen in functionality to the plain 'physmap' driver and
>> there's inherited "bank-width" property that handles flash banking.

> Yes, I know. Nevertheless the driver cannot handle flash regions
> composed of more than on FLASH bank because we need to probe every bank.
> Search for "BANK" in drivers/mtd/maps" to understand what I mean.

   Hm, from what I could see, those banks are separate maps registered to MTD subsys separately.
What's the point of adding a count property when we simply can define multiple "rom" devices?

> Wolfgang.

MBR, Sergei