arch/powerpc for lite5200b

Domen Puncer domen.puncer at telargo.com
Wed Apr 25 15:29:59 EST 2007

On 24/04/07 17:01 +0530, Pradyumna Sampath wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I have been trying to get the linux-2.6.20-rt3 for arch/powerpc to
> boot on my lite5200b. Here are the things that I have tried so far. I
> have a custom board based on the lite5200b and then the evaluation
> board too.
>
> - I have a working 2.6.16-rt29 kernel compiled using ARCH=ppc for both
> these boards.
>
> - I tried the default configs for lite5200 for both the custom board
> and the EVB. Both hang at "Transferring control to Linux (at address
> 00000000) ..."

Device tree missing?
You need to compile it with dtc, then in u-boot use something like:
bootp; tftp 0x400000 uImage.ppc; tftp 0x600000 lite5200b.dtb
set your bootargs
bootm 0x400000 - 0x600000

> - I downloaded roberts
> http://www.pengutronix.de/oselas/bsp/phytec/index_en.html#phyCORE-MPC5200B-tiny
> patches, but still ended up with the same result.
>
> I read ( http://www.nabble.com/Re%3A-MPC52xx-support-rework-for-2.6.20-p7568655.html
> )  that the arch/powerpc port for lite5200 works right out of the box.
> Am I doing something wrong ?
>
> The one thing I am yet to try is to do a git checkout from
> git.secretlabs.ca. Unfortunately thanks to some internal firewalling
> policies I still have not been able to do that.

kernel.org tree will also work with lite5200b, if you need ethernet
download fec/bestcomm patches from Grant's tree.

	Domen