Tri-mode auto-negotiation on ML405

Peter Mendham petermendham at computing.dundee.ac.uk
Mon Apr 23 22:48:56 EST 2007

Andrei Konovalov wrote:
> Has the ethernet device been registered on the platform bus?
> There should be a call to platform_device_register()
> in arch/ppc/syslib/virtex_devices.c or arch/ppc/platforms/4xx/virtex.c
> depending
> on the kernel tree used and the patches appiled.
Hi Andrei,

Drat.  I forgot to put that back in when I went to Grant Likely's latest
patchset.  The errors I am getting now are (when I try and bring the
network up):
eth0: XTemac Options:
0xbcf0
eth0: XTemac could not start
device.
SIOCSIFFLAGeth0: XTemac Options:
0xbcf0
eth0: XTemac could not start
device.
S: Device or resource
busy
SIOCSIFFLAGS: Device or resource
busy
route: SIOC[ADD|DEL]RT: Network is unreachable

During boot it said:
eth%d: XTemac using fifo direct interrupt driven
mode.
mdiobus_reset on
eth%d
temac_mii:
probed
eth%d: attached PHY driver [Generic PHY] (mii_bus:phy_addr=0:00,
irq=-1)
eth0: Xilinx TEMAC #0 at 0x80000000 mapped to 0xC5020000,
irq=0
eth0: XTemac id 1.0f, block id 5, type 8

It seems like it's finding the MAC and PHY OK, what else have I done wrong?

Thanks,
-- Peter

believed to be clean.