mpc5200 linux 2.4 wakeup interrupt problem

RonLee rlee at osii.com
Sat Apr 21 08:07:36 EST 2007

Hello,

I am running linux on a mpc5200 chip and Im having problems with the
mpc5200's simple and wakeup interrupts.  The version of Linux I am starting
with is linuxppc_2_4_devel_1_0_0 from Denx.  Modifications have been made to
the kernel, but none for enabling the wakeup register set and/or the wakeup
interrupts.

Does a patch exist to enable this behavior?  Can anyone point me in the
right direction if I would like to enable the wakeup interrupts myself?

I noticed the behavior when attempting to write a device driver to interface
with the psc1_4 pin on the mpc5200 chip.  I am able to get the chip to
generate interrupts, but when the interrupts occur I get the following error
message in /proc/kmsg "Unhandled interrupt c, disabled".  After getting this
error, I installed an interrupt handler on IRQ 12 (hex c).  This caused the
kernel to lock up.

Thanks for any help,
-Ron