PREEMPT_RT patch on 85xx

Pradyumna Sampath pradyumna.sampath at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 16:46:09 EST 2007

Hi Johan,

> Josh,
>
> Josh Boyer wrote:
> > arch/ppc is dying a slow death and is being replaced by arch/powerpc.
> > This is likely why there is no ppc "backport".
> >
> Thanks for your answer. I was not aware that the ppc-branch was being
> replaced. For the board we use we just received a BSP that is based on
> the ppc-branch.

I have been having some problems with getting RT_PREEMPT compiled for
my 52xx icecube board. Here is a patch that I created which compiles
for me. Just compiles and does not mean that the full RT_PREEMPT
functionality is available. :-)

However, PPC support for the CONFIG_RT_PREEMPT is currently broken and
I understand that the developers are working on this as we speak.

regards
Prady