Tri-mode auto-negotiation on ML405

Peter Mendham petermendham at computing.dundee.ac.uk
Fri Apr 20 01:48:10 EST 2007

Andrei Konovalov wrote:
> And I've tried the PHY library (drivers/net/phy/*) introduced by Andy
> Fleming.
> Kinda works. [...]
> Attached is the incomplete adapter.c (with FIFO mode support only) which
> uses the PHY lib to handle the PHY. Just to illustrate the idea (will
> post the
> patch later when it is completed).
Hi Andrei,

I've now had a chance to have a go at the adapter.c you sent properly
(sorry about the delay).  I'm afraid I can't get it to work.  I was
wondering if you could tell me what I'm doing wrong.  When I try and
bring the interface up I get:
SIOCSIFADDR: No such device
SIOCSIFNETMASK: No such device
SIOCSIFBRDADDR: No such device
SIOCGIFFLAGS: No such device
route: SIOC[ADD|DEL]RT: No such device

I have included PHYLIB and even tried including support for the Marvell
PHY.  I still get the same. I'm sure I've made a stupid mistake, any ideas?

Thanks,
-- Peter

believed to be clean.