Using Linux 2.6.19 with Xilinx ML405

David H. Lynch Jr. dhlii at dlasys.net
Thu Apr 19 16:28:13 EST 2007

> PM> Do you know if I can use it for early serial in the same way as an
> PM> 8250?
>
> Unfortunately not. I started working on some patches for this some
> months ago, but got stalled doing other stuff. I doubt it will get
> integrated before the move to arch/powerpc.

I posted working early serial patches as part of an earlier uartlite
driver (not PK's)
http://ozlabs.org/pipermail/linuxppc-embedded/2006-January/021545.html

The patch is a single big patch with compete board support for the Pico
E12 cards,
but it includes complete boot2bash uartlite support, including early serial.
The uartlite code much more closely follows the 8250 code.
The early serial portions probably would work asis with PK's driver.
Though I can't confirm that as PK's driver does not work on my hardware.
A newer version of the same big patch is at
http://www.picocomputing.com/software/files/Installers/coLinux/Pico-2.6.patch.bz2
When I have more time and am more proficient with git I will likely break
it up into individual pieces.

--
Dave Lynch 					  	    DLA Systems
Software Development:  				         Embedded Linux

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
Albert Einstein