Problem cloning Linus' GIT tree!

Gerald Ruescher GRuescher at dspace.de
Tue Apr 17 20:42:45 EST 2007

Hi Folks,

stupid newbie question:

I'm trying to get Grant Likelys latest TEMAC driver from his git-tree.
Follwing the directions on the secretlab.ca website I start by cloning
Linus' tree.  Since I'm behind a firewall which blocks the git port I use:

   git clone http://www.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git

At first everything is fine and git happily seems to download the tree.
After a while however, git exits with the following error message:

   error: Couldn't get http://www.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git/refs/tags/v2.6.11 for tags/v2.6.11
   The requested URL returned error: 404
   error: Could not interpret tags/v2.6.11 as something to pull
   rm: cannot remove directory `/cygdrive/c/home/git/linux-2.6/.git/clone-tmp': Directory not empty

Any hint what I did wrong?

Many thanks in advance,
	Gerald

Gerald Rüscher
Software Development Engineer
Core Real-Time Implementation

dSPACE GmbH          Tel.:  +49 5251 1638-1826
Technologiepark 25   Fax:   +49 5251 16198-1826
33100 Paderborn      http://www.dspace.de
Germany              mailto:GRuescher at dspace.de