Mr Grant Likely's New Patches for 2.6 Kernel and Xilinx FPGA ( Virtex-4 & Virtex-2

Grant Likely grant.likely at secretlab.ca
Mon Apr 16 00:27:05 EST 2007

On 4/15/07, Mohammad Sadegh Sadri <mamsadegh at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> - Are these patches going to be part of 2.6.22 kernel? so we should wait a little and then using 2.6.22 we will have builtin support for sys ace without applying any new patches?

I would *like* them to become part of 2.6.22, but that really depends
on how well they are received, and if Paull will pick up arch/ppc
patches.

> - Do we still new to apply the paulus patch to the main kernel so that we can have hard TEMAC support? Or you have a same program as sys ace for it?

No, I did not include TEMAC support.  However, I will publish my git
tree tomorrow which will include the TEMAC driver.

> - Actually As a beginner I could not understand what are the rest of the patches
> released by Grant, I understood that one is for sys ace , but the others? Do I
> really need to apply them to for example , my 2.6.20.4 kernel?

You don't need to if you've got a working solution.  But these patches
should make it easier to build a working virtex kernel when using
Linus' tree.

--
Grant Likely, B.Sc. P.Eng.
Secret Lab Technologies Ltd.