HOTO start with linux 2.6.* and ML403

Mirek23 miroslaw.dach at psi.ch
Fri Apr 13 23:53:07 EST 2007

I was able finally to build the kernel 2.6.19 by Denx. The problem was that I
have previously used crosstool with gcc-3.2. At the end I was able to
compile the kernel with crosstool gcc-4.0.2.

I have compared the xparameters_ml403.h file which comes with the kernel and
this one generated by EDK. They are very different. Thera are different
macro definitions.

In the Kernel xparameters_ml403.h I did not find any reference to the
XILINX_TEMAC network interface. I did not find references to GPIO LEDS and
end swiches. Many other definitions do not much.

What would be than the best way to go:

1. To incoroprate to the linux 2.6.19, drivers generated by the EDK
or
2. to somhow make use of the existing drivers which come with linux 2.6.19

Best Regards

Mirek