Unable to Boot 2.6.19.2 from ELDK 4.1 on MPC8349E MDS

Gary Kenaley gkenaley at echelon.com
Wed Apr 11 11:30:27 EST 2007

Thanks for the guidance, Ben, David, and Wolfgang.

The root ELDK 4.1 build problem seems to be that Fedora has further
updated their core 4 SRPMs without saving the old SRPMs on their ftp
site. Plus I need to use an FC5 build PC instead of RHEL 4.

For example, if I turn on echo in ELDK_BUILD script, here is an example
of one of the failures that led me to look elsewhere for SRPMS:
+ rm -f rpm-4.4.1-22.src.rpm
+ ncftpget -v
ftp://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/4/SRPMS/rpm-4.4.1
-22.src.rpm
ncftpget: server said: Failed to open file.
+ ncftpget -v
ftp://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/updates/4/SRPMS/r
pm-4.4.1-22.src.rpm
ncftpget: server said: Failed to open file.

But if I MANUALLY try to get the current build 23, it works:
cd /home/gkenaley/ELDK/V4.1/SRPMS
ncftpget -v
ftp://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/updates/4/SRPMS/r
pm-4.4.1-23.src.rpm
rpm-4.4.1-23.src.rpm:                                   10.97 MB  106.61
kB/s

So I Googled around and finally found all of the missing FC4 SRPMS
except for "util-linux-2.12p-9.12.src.rpm". The best sites that I could
find to obtain the SRPMS were:
http://download.stmc.edu.hk/fedora/linux/core/updates/4/SRPMS/
http://www.distro-cd.org/PatchCD/Fedora/Core4/SRPMS/

I had to change SRPMS.lst to use the closest available SRPM,
"util-linux-2.12p-9.13.src.rpm"

I also set up and updated an FC5 build machine, and it looks like the
ELDK 4.1 build is going through okay.

Next I will try updating to u-boot 1.1.6 on the MPC8349E MDS.

Thanks, Gary