MPC 8349e-mITX and MTD/Flash

Benedict, Michael MBenedict at twacs.com
Wed Apr 11 00:06:28 EST 2007

Ben,
	I assume that you intended to CC the list but accidently hit
"reply" instead.  If not, I apologize.  Thank you for all your help so
far.

The following is from my .config
<snip>
#
# Mapping drivers for chip access
#
# CONFIG_MTD_COMPLEX_MAPPINGS is not set
CONFIG_MTD_PHYSMAP=y
CONFIG_MTD_PHYSMAP_START=0x8000000
CONFIG_MTD_PHYSMAP_LEN=0x0
CONFIG_MTD_PHYSMAP_BANKWIDTH=2
# CONFIG_MTD_PHYSMAP_OF is not set
CONFIG_MTD_PLATRAM=y
<snip>

Is this what you are referring to?  Does something look obviously wrong
with it?  I have taken that configuration from Freescale's reference
.config that came with the platform.  I am using the latest kernel.org
flat device tree for my platform, but the flash is not configured there.

After reading a little more, I suppose I am not expecting any
partitions, but I would still think I should be able to `mtd_debug info`
the block and char devices.  When I try, I get "No such device or
address" errors.  Also, I would still expect something in my /proc/mtd,
correct?  Any ideas are greatly appreciated.
	Thank you again,
		Michael