Powerpc newbie help

Gary Schumacher gschumac at brocade.com
Fri Apr 6 23:33:55 EST 2007

I am in the process of upgrading a Linux kernel from 2.4,20 to 2.6.20 on
a proprietary board that uses the PPC 750Fx (without Open Firmware) and
am having the following problems:

1.  Is there more information on Device Trees so I can construct one
myself?  I have been reading "Device trees everywhere" and
"booting-without-of".  Also, there are a number of *.dts files in
/arch/powerpc/boot/dts that I have been looking at but more
examples/HowTo information would be helpful.

2.  I have downloaded dtc-2006419.tar and was wondering if there is a
newer version or do I need patches for this and if so where would I
look?

3.  Where do I find glr_parser which is required to build dtc?

Thanks