Looking for a driver for Compact Flash access

Michael michaelzwrk at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 01:08:32 EST 2007

Hi,
I'm have an embedded system using Compact Flash device.
I'm trying to figure out what is the right driver to access the CF.

The HW configuration is as following:
The CF is connected directly to MPC8541 CPU (PowerQUICC III,
Freescale), via local bus.
It is connected in Memory Mode, with 8-bit interface.

The questions I have:
1. What is the appropriate driver? Since memory mode is
PCMCIA-compatible PC Card ATA, I assume it is ide-cs. Is it right?

2. The card doesn't issue interrupts in this mode. I got the
impression the IDE driver relies on interrupts. Does it make it
unusable for accessing a CF in Memory Mode?

Most grateful for your help,
                                            Michael