scc ethernet driver error - bus contention?

Lichang Che lichang.che at nec.com.au
Fri Sep 29 13:07:55 EST 2006

Hello,

I'm using Linux 2.6.16 + uboot on MPC8250 - SMC2 for UART and SCC4 for 10M
Ethernet. The problem I got is as follows:

1. If the GBL bit is set (with address snooping), an underrun happens for
each frame transmission.

2. If the GBL bit is disabled, the underrun problem disappears but nearly
all frames are corrupted - the frame can be received (without CRC etc) by
another machine but the data is not correct.

3. If the frame to be sent is copied into the dual port ram first and the
transmission is triggered, the frame can be successfully received.

Can anyone give me some hint?

Cheers