Uncompressing Kernel Image ... Error: inflate() returned -3 GUNZIP ERROR - must RESET board to recover

Henry Bausley hbausley at deltatau.com
Thu Sep 28 08:58:58 EST 2006

I am getting the error

Uncompressing Kernel Image ... Error: inflate() returned -3
GUNZIP ERROR - must RESET board to recover
OK

when u-boot tries to uncompress the kernel.  I am using a board based upon a
Yosemite AMCC 440EP.
I do have some boards that work.  Does anyone know what could cause this
problem.  Bad Flash , Bad DDR ?

U-Boot 1.1.4 (Jun 30 2006 - 14:55:59)

CPU:   AMCC PowerPC 440EP Rev. B at 533.333 MHz (PLB=133, OPB=66, EBC=66
MHz)
       I2C boot EEPROM enabled
       Internal PCI arbiter disabled, PCI async ext clock used
       32 kB I-Cache 32 kB D-Cache
Board: Yosemite - AMCC PPC440EP Evaluation Board
I2C:   ready
DRAM:  256 MB
FLASH: 64 MB
PCI:   Bus Dev VenId DevId Class Int
In:    serial
Out:   serial
Err:   serial
Net:   ppc_4xx_eth0, ppc_4xx_eth1
Hit any key to stop autoboot:  0
## Booting image at fc000000 ...
   Image Name:   Linux-2.6.14-rtl
   Image Type:   PowerPC Linux Kernel Image (gzip compressed)
   Data Size:    1250069 Bytes =  1.2 MB
   Load Address: 00000000
   Entry Point:  00000000
   Verifying Checksum ... OK