Need help to write I2C EEPROM device driver

Sachin Rane SRane at alphion.com
Thu Sep 28 00:11:52 EST 2006

Hi Matthias,

Thanks for reply.

To access EEPROM using /dev/i2c-<x>, which drivers I need to load?

Please confirm that I need to load following drivers:
1. i2c-core.ko (Core Driver)
2. i2c-ibm-iic.ko (Bus Driver)
3. i2c-dev.ko (Dev Interface driver)

Do I need to load 'eeprom.ko'?
Because in one of the mail from the mailing list, it was mentioned that I should not load  ''eeprom.ko" to access the chip using 'dev' interface.

Thanks and Regards,
Sachin Rane