Asterisk on Embedded Linux

Armin Schindler armin.schindler at sysgo.com
Tue Sep 26 17:21:39 EST 2006

On Tue, 26 Sep 2006, Iwan Koenig wrote:
> Does anyone known how to compile Asterisk for a
> powerpc-processor?
> I have tryed:
> ./configure --target=powerpc-linux
> --host=powerpc-604-linux-gnu --prefix=/opt/packages
> And it gives following error:
> /root/pwlib/include/ptlib.h... configure: error:
> cannot check for file existence when cross compiling
>
> Ok! I see that it is trying to find the PWLIB-Library.
> Also, i have tryed to compile the pwlib.
> But it didn't work :(. For PWLIB i need the OpenLDAP,
> and when i have compiled the OpenLDAP, than needs
> PWLIB other packages.......
> Also, have anyone ideas, how to compile Asterisk für a
> powerpc-processor with another way?

Which version of Asterisk do you want to use? I have version 1.2.X
cross-compiled, but asterisk sources need to be patched. E.g. the
host tools ar and ranlib are hardcoded in Makefiles.
(I don't know the status for version 1.4).

Armin

--
Armin Schindler <armin.schindler AT sysgo.com>
SYSGO AG                      Embedded and Real-Time Software