Kernel hangs after "Now booting the kernel"

Brian Rutledge brian.rutledge at uk.flextronics.com
Fri Sep 22 00:50:07 EST 2006

Hi

            I am using an Embedded Planet 852T board with a planet core

bootloader. I am trying to boot the kernel (2.6) and the boot sequence

gets as far as:

>go

[Go 00200000]

loaded at:     00200000 0030A160

relocated to:  00400000 0050A160

board data at: 00508124 00508140

relocated to:  004050B4 004050D0

zimage at:     004058FD 0050704A

avail ram:     0050B000 01000000

Linux/PPC load: console=ttyS0,9600 console=tty0 root=/dev/ram0

init=/linuxrc rw

Uncompressing Linux...done.

Now booting the kernel

            After which nothing happens.

            Does the kernel try an set up the serial port at this point

or can I assume that the serial is operational based on the output up to

this point?

            Are there any other areas I should be looking at?

            Thanks Brian

Legal Disclaimer:

The information contained in this message may be privileged and confidential. It is intended to be read only by the individual or entity to whom it is addressed or by their designee. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are on notice that any distribution of this message, in any form, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete or destroy any copy of this message