I2C: Getting Compiation Error for application program

Matthias Fuchs matthias.fuchs at esd-electronics.com
Thu Sep 21 19:13:15 EST 2006

On Wednesday 20 September 2006 14:51, Sachin Rane wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to compile simple program (appended), but getting lots of
compilation error.
It's always helpful to see the compiler output. Could you post it?

> I am using Timesys Linux 2.6.13 for ppc440 evaluation board.
>
> Command used for compilation:
> $> gcc eeprom-client.c -o eeprom-client.o
Are you crosscompiling? Doesn't look like that...

8< ------------------------eeprom-client.c -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

> #include <linux/i2c.h>
> #include <linux/i2c-dev.h>
>
> int main()
> {
>      int file;
>      int adapter_nr = 0; /* probably dynamically determined */
>      char filename[20];
>      int addr = 0xA1; /* The I2C address */
You propably have to use 0x50 here.

>     sprintf(filename,"/dev/i2c-%d",adapter_nr);
>     if ((file = open(filename,O_RDWR)) < 0)
>    {
>        exit(1);
>     }