JTAG debugger for MPC82xx/MPC83xx

Kelsey Dawes kelsey at codemonkey.net
Wed Sep 20 16:20:04 EST 2006

On Tue, Sep 19, 2006 at 04:51:07PM -0500, Steven Hein wrote:
> Hi,

Hi,

<SNIP>

> We will definitely want one with a network connection,
> and will will run the debugger software from a Linux host.
> Ideally, we would also like one that provides a library
> to allow us to write apps to function the debugger.
>
> Can anyone comment on what JTAG debugger they are using,
> and how have your experiences been?   Are there any other
> good options besides the ones mentioned above.
> I'd appreciate any input.
>
> Thanks!
> Steve

We've been using the BDI-2000 from abatron on an 8248 board.  It's done
everything we've needed to do so far.

It has a serial interface, but we use the ethernet port.
Remote debug works well, and other usual tasks also - flash programming, etc.

Can't comment about developing apps for the debugger, sorry.

-kelsey