440SPe - Linux 2.6 xilinx System ACE driver

agnel juni junijoseph at yahoo.co.in
Mon Sep 18 09:01:24 EST 2006

Hello all

We are working on a 440SPe based custom board.We are trying to port the Xilinx Ssytem ACe driver onto this platform, since we need to have access to the Compact Flash to load the File system.

We validated the hardware by reading the Compact Flash through the System ACE controller from u-boot.But we find difficulties from the kernel.

We applied the system ACE driver patch onto linux-2.6.16-2.

We tried in both polling and interrupt mode.

Following are the main changes we did in the driver:

1. System ACE controller base address configuration (xparameters_ml300.h, adapter.c)
2. Endianess (xsysace_l.c)
3. IRQ (xparameters_ml300.h)

With these changes we are able to read/write to the compact flash controller.
But we see difficulties while reading the compact flash.

'Fdisk' command lists the partition details  first time we run the command. While issuing the Issuing the command second time, it exits to the command prompt without displaying the partitions.

Also we coudn't succeed in mounting the system.

Could someone give us some pointers to debug in this issue.

Thanks
Junita