Ethernet driver for Linux kernel 2.6 running on ML403

David H. Lynch Jr. dhlii at dlasys.net
Fri Sep 15 09:16:05 EST 2006

Keith J Outwater wrote:
>> Hi,
>
> I don't think that there are any "version" registers in the Xilinx
> IP cores that a driver could check to determine compatibility.  That
> would be very cheap to implement in hardware and you could then
> develop more universal drivers.

    Some of the IP's do, some don't - and then some might.
    Some of the documentation isn't too bad, some is almost un-uasable.

--
Dave Lynch 					  	    DLA Systems
Software Development:  				         Embedded Linux

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
Albert Einstein