Measure Interrupt Latency on MPC5200B

Syed Amer Gilani amg at systec.de
Thu Sep 14 22:00:21 EST 2006

We have a MPC5200B(ppc) Board from Phytec, running with a 2.6 Linux
Kernel. For Documentation purposes and testings how patches to the
Kernel affects real time capabilities we want to measure the Interrupt
Latency.
I only found tools for other arches or patches for far to old kernels.
Does somebody know a way for a 2.6 kernel on ppc? I already thought of
generating a signal on an Output of the Board and measure it with a
Oscilloscope but i don't find that method satisfying.

Thank you in advance,
Syed Amer Gilani