11-16-05 2.6.14 on AMCC Yosemite boar d(PCI-IDE card boot error)

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Sep 14 10:52:16 EST 2006

In message <450865ED.4080000 at bmrtech.com> you wrote:

> I have tested and debuged the ELDK's kernel 2.6.14 with PDC20269 PCI-IDE
> card, the system paniced when it run the 'ide_pci_setup_ports' funcation
> [drivers/ide/setup_pci.c], the attached files included the entry log
> messages, and ksysoops messages when the kernel paniced, and my kernel
> configuration file and BDI2000 configuration file.

First, you should be using recent code. YOu should use at least the
code tagged as DENX-2006-05-11-0050 (aka a733b0d0915a) from our git
repository.

But note that this will problably not result in a working IDE driver.
Many PCI IDE cards (drivers) have similar issues  when  used  in  big
endian (PowerPC) systems.

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"Don't think; let the machine do it for you!"        - E. C. Berkeley