Any PPC system with working USB 2.0 host

Clemens Koller clemens.koller at anagramm.de
Thu Sep 14 04:32:03 EST 2006

Hi, Jamie,

> I'm trying to get ahold of a low-power, small form factor system with
> support for USB 2.0 hi-speed host.  PPC would appear to be a good
> solution for this.

We are in prototype status of our embedded framegrabber product which
is based on a MPC8540/825MHz + GbE + Promise SATA (PDC20775) +
Philips 4x USB2.0 (ISP1563) + SM501 Graphics + FPGA on Local Bus
for 150MByte/sec DMAing into RAM in a 165mm x 125mm x 49mm box with
160GB HDD + 6.5" TFT Display + LiIon-Batteries .

It's based on the latest Linux stuff. The system is able to work as a
standalone host, so you compile your stuff directly on that box..

If you are interested, feel free to contact me off list.
(Enough advertisement for now. ;-)

Best greets,

Clemens Koller
R&D Imaging Devices