IDE DMA Issue ppc

Akhilesh akhilesh at innomedia.soft.net
Wed Sep 13 21:11:16 EST 2006

Hi All,

I'm using IBM redwood6 stb025xx(ppc405gp) platform with 2.6.14 kernel. I'm trying to get DMA working for IDE interface (PIO is working). The problem I'm facing is that my DMA is completing and I'm getting a error in DMA status register that "A DMA  request from an external device is pending"

I'm attaching the console message along with the sample code of the driver. Please help me to resolve this issue. What I feel is that DMA is completing and IDE is not getting anything. ( IDE status register is giving 0x58).

Any pointers to same will be highly appreciated.

Regards,
Akhilesh