asm/*.h files missing for ppc arch.

Ming Liu eemingliu at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 10 04:34:41 EST 2006

Dear Josh,

>How are you compiling?  For 4xx, you still need to specify ARCH=ppc with
>the make command.  There is some makefile hackery that will then bring
>in header files from asm-powerpc as needed.

In fact, I just try to compile the hello example in the book Linux Device
Driver chapter 2. The Makefile is listed as:

#Makefile
ifneq ($(KERNELRELEASE),)
  obj-m := hello.o
else
  KERNELDIR ?= /home/mingliu/linux-2.6.16
  PWD := $(shell pwd)

default:
  $(MAKE) -C $(KERNELDIR) M=$(PWD) modules
endif

Also, I have specified ARCH = ppc in my Linux kernel. But it seems that
there is still some problem. Thanks for your suggestion.

Regards
Ming