MPC8360E USB Host Controller Driver

Alex Zeffertt ajz at cambridgebroadband.com
Thu Sep 7 20:58:56 EST 2006

>> manual, they told that this controller does not belong to
>> UHCI or OHCI standard.
>
> Yes, you can call it FHCI if you like. :)

I heard that on the PQII (82xx) devices the FHCI required
intervention from the core, even when there was zero traffic
on the USB.  I think this was because the core had to
continuously service a 1ms interrupt.  This generates significant
extra loading, making it worth considering using a cheap EHCI chip
instead....

Does anyone know if this is still the case with the PQII Pro (83xx)?

Alex