PPC405 system slow boot

Clint Thomas cthomas at Soneticom.com
Wed Sep 6 23:28:32 EST 2006

Actually, we figured out what was going on. Apparently we left one of
the interrupt lines disconnected from the CPU in the FPGA design. Thanks
for all the help guys, I really do appreciate it.

Clint Thomas

________________________________

From: Clint Thomas
Sent: Friday, September 01, 2006 6:58 PM
To: linuxppc-embedded at ozlabs.org
Cc: 'Peter Ryser '; Jason Lamb
Subject: RE: PPC405 system slow boot

The xparameters.h file is generated by the Xilinx EDK for our FPGA, so I
don't see how there could be a mismatch. Using Chipscope, we were able
to find that the interrupt controller is triggered on kernel
initialization, but after the kernel has finished loading, the system
moves to a snail's pace at login.

Does Linux use a different set of code to handle the UART, INTC, etc.
after the kernel is loaded? The system appears to work perfectly up
until after the kernel is done loading.