Building ELDK 3.0/3.1 from SRPMS

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Oct 31 10:53:15 EST 2006

Dear John,

in message <20061030033846.1930.qmail at web50313.mail.yahoo.com> you wrote:
> Thanks Wolfgang!  Loading RH7.3 and updating
> everything with YUM seemed to do the trick to building
> ELDK 3.0!

Out of curiosity: may I ask why you invest efforts in this old
version?

> On a another note, I am also trying to build ELDK
> 2.1.0 from SRPMS on the same RH7.3 machine, and I am
> comming across two problems:
> 1.  The SRPM for mount-2.11g-5a.src.rpm from the
> Yellowdog 2.3 release seems to have "bad magic" in
> that when trying to install the SRPM, there is some
> sort of validation problem.  In remeding this, I am
> using mount-2.11g-5a.src.rpm from the Yellowdog 2.2
> release.    It probably isn't safe to to so, but I was
> wondering how you over came this issue.

Exactly the same way you did :-)

> 2.  I'm pretty sure that not all of my applications
> are building in the ELDK2.1.0 release,  for example
> /bin/sh: gperf: command not found
> make[1]: *** [keywords.c] Error 127
> make[1]: Leaving directory
> `/opt/eldkv2.1.0/build/ppc-2006-10-27/work/usr/src/de
> nx/BUILD/modutils-2.4.13/genksyms'
> make: *** [all] Error 2
> error: Bad exit status from
> /opt/eldkv2.1.0/build/ppc-2006-10-27/work/var/tmp/rp
> m-tmp.26616 (%build)
>
> Does mean that I need to go get gperf?

Sorry, I don't have these old logs online any more. Please drop me  a
note if you really want to see these, so I can restore the files from
tape.

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
How many Unix hacks does it take to change a light bulb?  Let's  see,
   can you use a shell script for that or does it need a C program?