Xubuntu and Xenomai on the Lite5200 (IceCube)...

David Jander david.jander at protonic.nl
Mon Oct 30 22:09:37 EST 2006

Hi all,

I got the task to help make Linux run on the IceCube, with support for MSCAN,
FEC and USB. After a rather exciting jurney I managed to get kernel 2.6.18
working with bestcomm DMA and FEC support backported from DENX's git
2.6.19-rcsomething, and Xenomai installed upon that.
Btw, before Wolfgang Denk starts complaining why I didn't use his 2.4 kernel,
it's because I wasn't smart enough to get USB working. If it does work,
please tell me how, I just get errors when plugging in a USB device "kernel:
usb.c: USB device not accepting new address=2 (error=-110)".
This seems to work fine in 2.6, though.
It was not easy, so I wrote everything down (I hope I didn't forget anything
important):

http://yopesblog.blogspot.com/2006/10/how-to-run-ubuntu-and-xenomai-on.html

If anyone wants to tell me what I did wrong (probably a lot), please tell me.
I am posting this to the list hoping someone else will benefit from it. I
certainly would have.

Greetings,

--
David Jander