MPC5200 (Board: PM520) I2C Problem

Roman Fietze roman.fietze at telemotive.de
Fri Oct 27 21:15:15 EST 2006

Hello,

On Friday 27 October 2006 09:29, Andrey Volkov wrote:

> Revision of MPC5200? (third string engraved on the MPC)
> If L25R then check this doco:
>    http://www.freescale.com/files/32bit/doc/errata/MPC5200E.pdf
> (if be short - I2C didn't work on this revision chips)

We have an "MPC5200CBV400 L25R Rev 2" on our boards, and we
successfully drive a PCF8563 real time clock and an UDA1380 Codec on
the same line.

The problems described in the errata are an arbitration loss problem
and, depending on teh chp's Rev, a clock noise problem.

Probably your problem is related to the connected I2C client?

Roman

--
Roman Fietze              Telemotive AG Büro Mühlhausen
Breitwiesen                            73347 Mühlhausen