CPM2 SCC/SMC break handling broken

Ricardo Scop scop at digitel.com.br
Fri Oct 27 07:18:37 EST 2006

On Thursday 26 October 2006 06:02, Laurent Pinchart wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I need to generate a break on a CPM2 SMC serial port (same issue with SCC
> serial ports).
>
> The tcsendbreak() man page states that the function should generate a break
> between 250ms and 500ms, but testing showed that the break is one character
> long (10 bits in 8N1 mode).

[snip]

> CPM_CR_STOP_TX is documented to generate a break of BRKCR characters. The
> BRKCR register is initialized to 1, so only 1 break character is sent,
> which won't last between 250ms and 500ms.

[snip]

> Could anyone think of a proper solution which would not disturb the other
> drivers too much ?

Well, one could always set the BRKCR parameter to the maximum number of break
characters permitted by it's size, since the break condition will anyway end
as soon as the RESTART TX command is issued as a consequence of the
tty->driver->break_ctl(tty, 0) call. But I did not test this.

HTH,

--
Ricardo Scop.

        \|/
    ___ -*-
   (@ @)/|\
  /  V  \|  R SCOP Consult.
 /(     )\  Linux-based communications
rscop at matrix.com.br
+55 51 999-36-777
Porto Alegre, RS - BRazil
--
P. S.: "If you have any trouble sounding condescending, find a Unix user to
show you how it's done."  -- Scott Adams, creator of "Dilbert"