Using WindRiver Probe JTAG

Matias Sundman (AS/EAB) matias.sundman at ericsson.com
Thu Oct 26 17:24:30 EST 2006

Hello,
My name is Matias and I am working @ Ericsson in Stockholm.
We are using both BDI2000 and the WR ICE / probe.
I must say that if you have anyway invested in Workbench go with the WR
solutions. It is very convenient to debug U-boot , the Linux kernel or
insmod:ing of kernel modules with WB once you have things set-up. In
order to see the symbols you do not need to compile your kernel under
WB.

Why do we have both BDI2000 and WR tools? We started with the open
source tools suite a few years back but have now made a transition
towards
the Eclipse based WB environment in order to get a uniform and easy to
use/deploy development environment.

Note that I think that the Opensource tools and BDI2000 is a very good
alternative if you are a smaller organization or if you do not want to
or have
the $$$ to invest in WB.

Cheers // Matias