MPC834x TSECs/Gianfar w/o MDIO accessible PHYs

KRONSTORFER Horst Horst.KRONSTORFER at frequentis.com
Tue Oct 24 19:16:28 EST 2006

hi!

in our design we use an mpc8343 with the 2 tsecs connected to a
zarlink zl50411 eth switch in mii mode. the 2 ports of the switch
are running in phy mode (reverse mii) w/o mdio. we're currently
running kernel 2.6.17.13.

i therefore 'simply' removed the mdio bus and phy support and tested
with ping over tsec0. result: i can see arp requests which are some-
what malformed (dest mac addr is not bcast, source ip addr is incorrect,
etc ...) btw: i used the same approach in u-boot and it works fine.

i then checked the content of the sk_buff handed over to gfar_start_xmit
which is correct (mac addrs, ip addrs, ...)

i'm currently out of ideas, any kind of help is appreciated!

thanks
-h