status of mpc52xx with arch=powerpc?

Roman Fietze roman.fietze at telemotive.de
Thu Oct 19 19:49:07 EST 2006

Hello,

On Thursday 19 October 2006 10:13, Sascha Hauer wrote:

> Could you post your .dts?
> I'm too working on it, so maybe we should stay synchronized. At the
> moment I have nothing but a minimal dts and some .progress() messages.

Could you both double check e.g. with Sylvain Munaut at

  http://246tnt.com/mpc52xx/

There are many drivers (git heads) available already, including IDE,
FEC, and so on. There's also new BestComm/FEC/IDE code from Dale
Farnsworth and John Rigby (Freescale) somewhere on the net.

I've already opened my own branch using DENX 2.6 and several patches
from Sylvain, Dale and John and got a first working 2.6 for the
MPC5200 including DMA driven FEC and IDE. Sylvain promised to get in
touch with the 2.6 maintainers to incorporate his changes into vanilla
2.6. I don't know if he still works on that since his server crashed a
few months ago, that's why I didn't do anything about it.

Here's a part of a mail I got from John in 2006-05:

"Sylvain Munaut is working on a different bestcomm patch.  It's much
cleaner and is based on bestcomm code written by Dale Farnsworth.

You can search the mailing list for a pointer to Sylvain's git tree."

I assume that's what I have here, spinning around with 15k for a few
months now.

Roman

--
Roman Fietze              Telemotive AG Büro Mühlhausen
Breitwiesen                            73347 Mühlhausen