Not know how to build image and user application from ELDK 3.1.1

tran vanle vantranbk at yahoo.com.au
Thu Oct 19 11:25:01 EST 2006

hanks Wolfgang Denk
I'm reinstall ELDK 3.1.1 and it ok
I rebuild openssl like that
- Download openssl-0.9.7f-7.10_1.src.rpm in <project>/usr/src/denx/SRPMS
- Go to <project>/usr/src/denx/SRPMS and run
        ppc_8xx-rpm -iv openssl-0.9.7f-7.10_1.src.rpm
- Go to <project>/usr/src/denx/SPECS and run
        ppc_8xx-rpmbuild  openssl.spec
Then  I receive  in   <project>/usr/src/denx/openssl-0.9.7f/   libssl.so.0.9.7 and  openssl in <project>/usr/src/denx/openssl-0.9.7f/apps

That's OK
But I don't know Was command openssl added in image in <project>/ppc_8xx/images? If no how i can do it ?
I also want to rebuild kernel but i only receive vmlinux in <project>/ppc_8xx/usr/src/linux/ Was vmlinux  added in image in <project>/ppc_8xx/images? If no how i can do it ?
If I want to build an application but not in ftp://ftp.sunet.se/pub/Linux/distributions/eldk/3.1.1/ppc-linux-x86/sources/target/SRPMS/
 how can I do?

Thanks
Wolfgang Denk <wd at denx.de> wrote: In message <20061016142137.34580.qmail at web33007.mail.mud.yahoo.com> you wrote:

> I have just installed ELDK 4.0 for TQM 8xxL and read it README but I don't know how to build my custom image or adding user application.Such as I want to build ssh and openssh but I don't know where to start and how to do it step by step.
> Every one who HAD did it please  guide me step by step to do it

I strongly recommend to read the extensive documentation that is
available at  http://www.denx.de/wiki/view/DULG/Manual?stickboard=tqm8xxl

Also, I would like to point out that you should use  ELDK  3.1.1  for
MPC8xx  based  systems  like  the  TQM8xxL (that's the reason why the
TQM8xxL ships with ELDK 3.1.1 included on CDROM).

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
A Perl script is correct if it's halfway readable and  gets  the  job
done before your boss fires you.
                       - L. Wall & R. L. Schwartz, _Programming Perl_