ELDK 4.0 / GDB with mpc85xx

Clint Thomas cthomas at Soneticom.com
Thu Oct 19 03:53:45 EST 2006

Hey guys,

I am trying to use GDB to debug U-boot 1.1.2 on a system based loosely
off the MPC8540ADS platform. Right now, both Linux (2.4.27) and U-boot
compile perfectly using our in-house cross-compilers
(gcc-3.3.2-glibc-2.3.2), where with the cross-compilers provided in the
ELDK they will not compile.

My real question however is, will this effect the use of the crossGDB
provided with the ELDK? I want to use it with a BDI2000, and the
documentation on the Denx website shows it working, but I have also read
about issues related to the version of GDB, the BDI firmware, and the
e500 core not playing nicely together. Has anybody had good experience
getting this setup fully functional? I really need to be able to step
through the U-boot code and see where it is failing on our platform.
Thanks for the help!

Clinton Thomas