asm-ppc includes

Josh Boyer jwboyer at jdub.homelinux.org
Mon Oct 16 05:06:25 EST 2006

On Sun, 2006-10-15 at 08:02 -0700, Jeff Stevens wrote:
> I have a AMCC 440SP board, and I am having an issue with the asm includes under 2.6.17.9.
> It seems that almost everything I try to compile is looking for headers files in the asm-ppc
>  directory that aren't there (like asm/errno.h, asm/ioctl.h, asm/types.h, asm/posix-types.h,
>  etc.).  Where are these files?  I have a few applications that compiled fine under 2.4 that
>  now won't compile under 2.6.

You're compiling applications against raw kernel headers?  You really
shouldn't do that.  Use the ones provided by glibc.

To answer your "where are they" question, in 2.6.15-ish lots of them
moved to include/asm-powerpc/.  Makefile magic brings them in to kernel
compiles using ARCH=ppc when needed.

josh