booting 2.6 kernel on ML403

Ming Liu eemingliu at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 6 18:24:01 EST 2006

Hi Pradeep,

>   As soon as i apply the sysace driver and temac drivers and copy the
xparameters_ml300.h (from EDK) to xparameters_ml403.h all i get is this...
meaning kernel hangs after displaying "Now booting the kernel".

I have experienced this before. But in my condition, I applied both ACE and
Temac patches. Ameet said it's a problem of the kernel and the kernel just
lost the configuration information. So just "make proper" and reconfigure
your kernel and recompile it. In my condition, it helps. I don't know if it
is useful to solve your problem. Just try it.

>   When i disable sysace and TEMAC drivers, the system goes further till
"root=" option and then tries to "Kernel Rebooting in 180 seconds".
Yesterday i tried root=/dev/xsysace2 rw and creating block device files in
/dev of the CF card. But it ran into the same problem.Is there a sysace
driver patch that i can apply without applying the TEMAC driver patch?

Don't try root=/dev/xsysace2. In Ameet's driver, he defined as xsa2. So
just keep consistent with the source code.

Also, in his website, there are patches which are used without Temac. They
are not labeled with -after-temac.

>   So far i was using the EDK 8.1 SP2 (latest) which has the IP core TEMAC
version 3.00. Now i downgraded to EDK 8.1 to get the version 2.00 (please
see John Bonesio's post).

I am using TEMAC 1.00. The 3.00 version is totally different with 1.00. So
I don't know if it is one reason about your problem.

Regards
Ming